Thursday, August 16, 2007

Out-yapping Yap

I never thought it would be possible to out-yap Tim Yap but this chick sure did. This site has the goods, including links to scanned pages of the actual article as well as links to how other bloggers are reacting. I never read the full article because right from the first sentences I knew it was another self-indulgent exercise. Nothing wrong with that, except for the fact that she gets paid to spew drivel, and this I find offensive.

Excerpt:
"However I forgot that the hub was in Dubai and the majority of OFWs (overseas Filipino workers) were stationed there. The duty-free shop was overrun with Filipino workers selling cell phones and perfume. Meanwhile, I wanted to slash my wrists at the thought of being trapped in a plane with all of them."
And this...creature... of sunshine and joy, had the unique skill of defending that statement as well as others like it, while her pinky was up typing on the keyboard and her thumb on her nose at our OFWs.
"Just recently, I wrote a funny article in my magazine column and my friends thought it was hilarious. It was humorous and quite tongue-in-cheek, or at least I thought so, until the magazine got a few e-mails from people who didn’t get the meaning of my acerbic wit."
What, pray tell, was the meaning of her acerbic wit? What lesson are we supposed to learn? That you can spray a gallon of Jo Malone on yourself and still stink? If that's it, then we get it.

See also:
Abe Margallo



1 comment:

grifter said...

burn, pig, burn!