Monday, October 08, 2007

Say what??

An executive for a recording industry leader has told a court that consumers do not have the right to copy the music they purchase onto a PC as a backup.
Now this is the kind of statement that won't win you mega-corporations any fans. Sure I get it. We don't own the music we purchase. What we own is a license to play it. Yada yada yada. We get it. But to dictate to us how we play it, arent we being a tad dictatorial, Ms. Pariser? I bought the CD. I dont bring a CD player with me everywhere. I bring an iPod, or a laptop. And youre telling me I can't make a copy of the music I bought to play when and where I please? Screw you. It's lameass statements like that that drive us to stop buying your music. Aside from the fact that your music sucks.

1 comment:

grifter said...

following Radiohead's lead. let's go fight the good fight.